World Gone Mad

Friday, March 25, 2005

...But What We Get From Our Leaders is Mumbo-Jumbo

Here is Gov. Bush, attempting to explain why he has refused to exercise his executive powers under the Florida Constitution. Fasten your seat belts:

"We never said that unilaterally we would do something that's against the court. I've been asked to do it by a lot of people — a lot of the advice I'm getting over the Internet and over television and the like. I know that there were lots of rumors of things that aren't accurate. I have a duty to uphold the law and I have been very consistent about that..."

The "advice I'm getting over the internet" includes the email I sent, which is summarized in the post below.

This situation calls for Christians, men with a backbone, to stand up and be counted. But instead, we get gobbledygook from Gov. Bush.

From Pres. Bush we get: "I'm going to sit back and watch the courts make their decisions."

You call this leadership? How much money did we send in to the Republican Party over the past 32 years when they promised us over and over they were going to undo Roe v. Wade?

Meanwhile, Terri Schiavo is being starved and tortured to death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home