World Gone Mad

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Who Killed Terri Schiavo?

Who killed Terri Schiavo?

"Not I," said her husband. "I was only carrying out her wishes."

"Not I," said her husband's lawyer. "I was just doing my job."

"Not I," said the probate judge. "I was just following the law."

"Not I," said the Governor. "I don't have the power to save her, even if I am the supreme executive of the State of Florida under the Florida Constitution, and expressly empowered to protect the rights of all Florida citizens. That's just not enough."

"Not I," said our nation's chief executive. "I've done everything I can do. Who do you think I am, the President of the United States or something?"

"Not I," said the Congress. "After all, didn't we come back from vacation to pass a law?"

"Not I," said the federal judges. "We know a hot potato when we see one. No mere Act of Congress can force us to take action!"

"Not I," said the pastors and religious leaders who passed by without a word.

"Not I," said the doctors, the sheriff's police, the nurses and the hospital attendants. "We were just following orders."

"Not I," said Terri Schiavo. "I wanted to live."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home